Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Simple Pumpkin Recipes


I am an avid reader of Parenting magazine.
I used to get so excited to check the mail every month to see if my Vogue was in, as soon as I received my first subscription of Parenting... everything changed!
This last months issue had an article on new ways use pumpkin.
I made Reese pumpkin purees which he loved and I can also use these purees in simple recipes!
 Here are a few of my favorites.

Sugar and Spice Pumpkin Seeds
Add pumpkin seeds into melted butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until seeds are golden brown.

Pumpkin Yogurt
Stir in one cup of pumpkin puree into vanilla yogurt.
Top with granola.

Pumpkin Pancakes
Add 1/2 a cup of pumpkin puree, 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice to pancake batter
Cook pancakes as normal.
Top with whipped cream.

Homemade Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Stir 1/2 a cup of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice into the cream cheese of your choice. (I prefer Philadelphia whipped cream cheese) spread on to toast or bagel.

Enjoy!
Which of these recipes do you prefer?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment