Monday, October 22, 2012

Pink Gradient Cake






Last night I decided to make a pink gradient cake.
I tried making a blue hue cake on Kye's birthday that turned into a crumbling toppling cake mess.
This time around it was perfect!
I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of myself ;)

I used Duncan Hines cake boxes for the cake batter.
Both Kye's grandmother and I agree it is the best boxed cake mix!
For the gradient effect I use three different bowls and add two drops to the first bowl, four to the second and six to the third.
(I only used one box for the entire cake this time around and just spread the batter evenly per bowl)

For the buttercream frosting:
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
  • 3-4 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon table salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3-4 tablespoons milk or heavy cream
 Beat butter on medium speed for a couple of minutes until smooth.
Add sugar to the mix (use low speed) until sugar and butter are mixed together.
Add vanilla extract, salt and heavy cream and beat for three minutes.
If you need to thicken the frosting add the fourth cup of sugar, if you need to thin it out add the fourth cup of cream or milk (I prefer heavy cream!)

Enjoy!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment