Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Pursuit of Happiness




On my drive into work today, I got to thinking about happiness.
How to build it, how to surround myself and thought about what makes me happy?
For a long time I tied happiness in with work.
If I didn't love my job, didn't make "x" amount of money a year then I wasn't happy.
 That no longer holds true.

I've been hearing and reading lots of people's remarks about hating their life,  complaining about work, relationships etc.
 I want to shake them and say, "Wake up! Living like this will kill you!"

Happiness is:

Watching my son grow and learn.

Not stressing about small things in life like "F***, I'm going to be 10 minutes late to work because of this traffic..." which I was prone to doing.

Basking in the sunlight while enjoying time singing in the car on my way to work.

Feeling beautiful, but not acting like a person trying to prove to everyone that I am beautiful. You look a fool trying to do that!

Planning out my future. I took a year off from planning my goals, what comes next.
I am back in that mode.
(I am not planning Reese's future, that's for him alone to plan)

Going on a date with Kye and Reese on Friday evenings.
You have no idea how much I look forward to this at the beginning of the week!

Exploring old and new places.
 

What makes you happy?


xoxo

1 comment: