Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Classics


classics  plural of clas·sic (Noun)

Noun
  1. A work of art of recognized and established value.
  2. A garment of a simple, elegant, and long-lasting style.

I have never been one to follow on trends.
Granted, yes I work in the fashion industry, and yes I see all the new hot trends months in advance.
 I've always stuck with the classics, button ups, stripes, blazers, flats (in many colors), little black dresses, little white dresses, cardigans, heels, boots, cigarette jeans, leather handbags and colorful accessories.  
 
I've loved Coco Chanel's style from the minute I knew who she was, along with Audrey Hepburn.
I would wear lots of items that they had in their closet to this day and it would still look modern, this is what classics are, people.
 Prior to becoming a mom I would buy clothes much bigger because I didn't like to show my body shape.
Now I accentuate my body with clothing that fits properly and flatters my frame.
I also find that we should dress age appropriate. 
AKA get out of the juniors section if you are not a teen girl.
Put those mini shorts and crop tops away if you are past the age of twenty-one.
 You catch my drift.


Please note that all items that are in the pictures are actual items that I do own, or are extremely similar to items that are currently in my wardrobe.

If you would like me to link the sites where you can find these items feel free to ask away! :)

 I hope this helps you guys find the right building blocks to putting together a wonderful collection of clothing that will last a long time and will always remain current and classic.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment