Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Nicole's Reading List

1.{Travels with Charley In Search of America, John Steinbeck}
2. {The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald}
3. {The Diary of Anais Nin, Anais Nin}
4. {Big Sur and the Oranges of Hieronymus Bosch, Henry Miller}
5. {Mosquitoes, Faulkner}
6. {Bonjour Tristesse, Francoise Sagan}
7. {Fahrenheit 451, Ray Bradbury}
8. {On the Road, Jack Karouac} 
9. {Running in Heels, Anna Maxted}
10. {Factotum, Charles Bukowski}
11. {Lolita, Vladimir Nabokov}
12. {The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck}
13. {Tropic of Cancer & Capricorn, Henry Miller}
14. {The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand}
15. {Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy} 

I was recently asked by a sweet reader to put a list of my favorite books together just as I did for Reese' reading list.
These are the books that I have read numerous times and consider favorites.

With that said, I would like to mention that Lolita has an extremely awful plot, but is beautifully written which is why it made the list.
I actually am embarrassed to read it in public.. haha
 
My favorite author is and has always been, John Steinbeck.
 I've read every book that has been published.
The way he describes the smallest details makes me always feel like I'm actually there.. weird as it sounds.
 I love that I literally get lost in his words. 


Who is your favorite author/ what is your favorite book?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment